Co-founder, Advisor – Economics and Policy
Vanja is trained as an economist and a co-founder of Altus Impact. She has 10 years of experience in applied research and project management combined with extensive fieldwork spanning Europe, Africa, South America and the Middle East.
Prior to embarking on the Altus Impact journey, Vanja worked with the International Union for Conservation of Nature, the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS), the French National Institute for Agronomic Research (INRA), the Danish Technological Institute and European Commission’s Joint Research Centre.
Her recent work has focused on
- assessing private and public benefits of ecosystem restoration;
- undertaking investment and impact analysis of primary land uses and infrastructure developments;
- advising on finance mechanisms for integrating the values of natural capital into policy decisions.
In doing so, she has designed and implemented large-scale surveys, stakeholder consultations and focus groups to respond to pressing policy questions and advance green economy agendas. Vanja has this way acquired strong research, teaching and data analytic skills, allowing her to distill complex information into grounded and practical material for evidence based decision-making.
Vanja has a Ph.D. in Environmental Economics from University of Montpellier; a MSc of Agricultural Economics from the University of Copenhagen and a BSc in Economics from the University of St Andrews. She speaks fluent Danish, French and English with some conversational Spanish.
- Download Vanja Westerberg’s CV
- firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: +41(0)792200621